Leaders for the next generation of ministry!
NEW COHORT: The new cohort that we had hoped to start at Allegheny Center Alliance Church in Pittsburgh in January has, unfortunately, been delayed. New classes will not begin until September. Applications are being accepted. If interested, contact Blaine Workman at ACAC, email@example.com, or Deb Wolfe at the district office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is PBI?
CURRENT CLASSES: Current course schedules are in the right column. Note: a few revisions to previously scheduled courses.
• COHORT #10 began Church Ministry 111 301 March 7, which will run Thursday evenings through April 11.
• COHORT #11 began Alliance Values + Beliefs 203 March 21, which is also Thursday evenings, through April 25.
PBI is a ministry leadership training program sponsored by the Western Pennsylvania District of The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA). PBI is built upon the curriculum of the C&MA's national Ministerial Study Program. Students learn in an engaging cohort-based environment and students are equipped with sound theological foundation and practical ministry skills. It is also designed for adults pursuing a calling to full or part-time ministry in the C&MA. The course can be completed in three years at a cost less than $2,000.
PBI fulfills the theological education requirements for licensing as a C&MA pastor. It is a very affordable Alliance alternative to full time Bible College or Seminary with convenient evening classes tailored for working adults. Experienced local pastors lead every class, which are suitable for anyone seeking a more significant role in (lay) church leadership. The curriculum is inspiring Christ-centered. PBI training is recognized nationally (and internationally) in the C&MA.
Who Should Consider PBI?
Men and women who are:
• Sensing God's calling in a new season of life.
• Seeking God's direction concerning vocational ministry.
• Looking for Bible and practical training to fulfill their calling.
• Being challenged to play a more significant volunteer role in church leadership.
Graduating Class of 2017